Unit number 4 has been recently renovated and has a light and cheerful interior with 2 robed bedrooms, bright bathroom, stunning modern kitchen and inviting north facing lounge/dining room.
is a boutique village nestled amongst tranquil landscaped gardens…
The Calvary Retirement Village is part of a project undertaken by the Calvary Lutheran Church in Greensborough. It is seen as an integral part of the congregation’s community focus. The Village has been designed to fit in with the current natural surroundings to provide senior independent living in a spacious and caring environment.
We are a member of the Property Council of Australia
The object of Calvary Retirement Village is to provide accommodation and supportive care for aged persons by:
• Offering residents all support and care necessary for them to live a happy and satisfying independent life;
• Providing for residents pleasant and comfortable accommodation in which they can live with dignity and privacy;
• Offering a warm caring environment in which residents are encouraged to participate in activities and events arranged in consultation with them by the Village Manager from time to time;
• Promoting opportunities for residents to participate in a variety of activities to meet their needs of entertainment, social, intellectual and physical stimulation;
• Creating a homely and friendly atmosphere in which residents are encouraged to conduct their lives, as far as possible, in the same manner as they had in their own homes;
• Offering residents every possible opportunity to exercise their rights of freedom of choice.
Calvary offers 24/7 CCTV security monitoring for you and your family’s peace of mind. Being a boutique facility with 20 quality units guarantees your personal and timely attention. The shared community centre with kitchen, lounge and library facilities provides plenty of opportunity for socialising.
The Calvary Retirement Village was designed as a boutique independent living community of 20 units providing you with the support you may require, when you need it. Shared community facilities allow interaction amongst residents, the manager and the extended Calvary Lutheran Church members if you wish. Neighboring care, community facilities and shopping are just minutes away.
• Boutique Village – 20 quality units
• Independent living in self-contained units
• Shared community centre with kitchen, lounge and library facilities
• Landscaped garden setting
• Fully maintained community grounds
• Children’s playground
• 5 minutes to the Greensborough Plaza Shopping Centre and St Helena Marketplace
• Local bus readily available
• Residence lounge
• Manager’s office
• Community hall
• Commercial kitchen for events
• Secure children’s playground
• Covered deck and BBQ facilities
The Calvary Retirement Village units have been thoughtfully and tastefully designed for maximum flexibility and comfort. The modern kitchen boasts quality appliances, the two bedrooms have built-in robes, and a large open living area that has the flexibility to be almost anything you want. The large and secure lock-up garage can also be used as an additional room or for extra storage. Each unit has a private yard at the rear
•Full master bedroom with built in robes
•Second bedroom with built in robes
•Large open plan living area
•Modern kitchen with quality appliances
•Internal access from a large single car garage with remote control and locking device
•Architectural timeless design
•Free-standing construction (no common walls)
•Nine foot ceilings
•Reverse-cycle air conditioner
•Security doors and fly wire screens
•High Energy Rating on all units
•24-hour call-alert with personal pendant
•Private rear yard with patio
Each unit is part of a cluster of four, but each is free-standing and self-contained with no common walls
The Calvary Retirement Village extended Community includes other residents, the manager, members of the Calvary Lutheran Church, and the surrounding community. A shared and fully-featured community centre is the hub of many regular activities, in addition to council-provided local services. Care and support is always available from various sources.
The community centre provides areas for games, theatre, fellowship and other activities.
A floor plan of the community centre is as shown to the right.
• Area provided for games, fellowship and other activities
• Shared Community Centre with kitchen, lounge and library
• Pastoral care and counselling available
• Associations with nursing care
• Visiting nurse by arrangement
• Council-community assistance available
• Opportunity to be involved with church activities if you choose (including Ladies Fellowship, Concerts, Barbecues and Special Celebrations)
” We moved from our home in Eltham to Calvary Retirement Village because we wanted a more compact house and garden that was easier to manage and yet still have our independence. In our retirement we wanted the freedom to travel while knowing our home would be safe and secure, and our mail collected etc. One of the most surprising outcomes is how much we enjoy the friendship and fun that comes from living in community. “
Doug & Sue
” Since moving into the small Calvary Village 10 years ago, I always feel at home, especially since the passing of my dear husband 7 years ago. The friendliness of residents is loving but not intrusive. The design of the units is great and easy to live in comfortably. There is a private small backyard and the lock up garage is an asset. The forming of 4 units set around a court gives me a feeling of security and close company. The Residents Committee has a positive relationship with Calvary’s Management. “
Calvary Lutheran Retirement Village strives to be an authentic community. That is, a community that is real and normal and that which reflects the makeup and behaviour of a community where all people are valued. Calvary Lutheran Retirement Village promotes:
• People of all Ages: Our philosophy of aged care is that retired and elderly people are to be regarded as persons with dignity and inherent worth, and are to be embraced and valued as members of our community and not segregated, protected or patronised in any way.
• Intergenerational living: The design and management of the village intentionally encourages three or more generations to interact daily
• Inclusiveness: an inclusive approach (particularly relating to children and seniors)
• Tolerance: is tolerant of all circumstances, creeds etc.
Calvary Lutheran Retirement Village have been designed to meet the needs of Village families both today and in the future.
• Independence: Village villas are spaciously positioned on site to allow for active independent lifestyles.
• Innovative Floor Plan: The villa floor plans have been designed to provide smooth-flow living. No choking points, no narrow passageways, no internal steps or changes in levels
• Quality Interior Decoration: quality kitchen appliances, lighting and floor coverings have been selected.
When compared to other villages, Calvary Lutheran Retirement Village has very special qualities. These qualities are:
• Boutique: the limited number of units means that most village families will know each other and if they choose to, be part of each other’s daily lives. The village will promote peer understanding and support.
• Friendliness: Our residents will be more than just a number, they will be valued as unique individuals.
• Community Centre: The integrated Community Centre is the prominent and primary focus of community life in the village.
• Promoting Companionship: The village is integrated within the Community Centre, it aims to help people avoid the traps of loneliness and isolation, and provides activities and opportunities to socially mix with a wide range of people.
Calvary Lutheran Retirement Village has been designed to bring families together.
• Children-to-Grand Parents: The Village support family integration within the lives of the Calvary Congregation and the extended wider families of Village residents.
• Family Activities: families are encouraged to use the Village Community centre. For example – mother’s play groups, weddings & other family celebrations.
• Events: Family events including Christmas break-ups, Easter pageants, music concerts, dramas and other intergenerational events will be scheduled. We invite and encourage our Village families to be part of this, as participants as well as spectators.
Our lives regularly require defense and support against attacks on our spiritual, emotional and physical well-being. Through its Christian approach, Calvary Lutheran Retirement Village provides support to assist the carriage of life through:
• Calvary Congregation Support: Calvary Congregation consists of 100+ members who welcome the opportunity to volunteer their time to provide care and support to the Village families
• Pastoral Support: Calvary Congregation, through the leadership of its Pastor, provides support to Village families, prayer, counselling and as required referral to appropriate professionals.
• Village Community Support: By virtue of the village location, Village design and rules of behaviour, physical support from Village families is promoted and encouraged.