The Calvary Retirement Village is part of a project undertaken by the Calvary Lutheran Church in Greensborough. It is seen as an integral part of the congregation’s community focus. The Village has been designed to fit in with the current natural surroundings to provide senior independent living in a spacious and caring environment.
You are most welcome to visit the Village and meet the Village Manager. Please phone for an appointment on (03) 9435 2033.
||We are a member of the Property Council of Australia
The object of Calvary Retirement Village is to provide accommodation and supportive care for aged persons under Christian auspices, irrespective of creed, by:
- offering residents all support and care necessary for them to live a happy and satisfying life;
- providing for residents pleasant and comfortable accommodation in which they can live with dignity and privacy;
- offering a warm Christian environment in which residents are encouraged to participate in activities and events arranged in consultation with them by the Village Manager from time to time;
- promoting opportunities for residents to participate in a variety of activities to meet their needs of entertainment, social, intellectual and physical stimulation;
- creating a homely and friendly atmosphere in which residents are encouraged to conduct their lives, as far as possible, in the same manner as they had in their own homes;
- offering residents every possible opportunity to exercise their rights of freedom of choice.
- encouraging residents to maintain fellowship in a Christian church of their choice, and offering them the opportunity of participating in the life of the Calvary congregation, and use of its facilities.
1. Calvary is an Authentic Community
Calvary Lutheran Retirement Village strives to be an authentic community. That is, a community that is real and normal and that which reflects the makeup and behaviour of a community where all members are valued as people created by God. Calvary Lutheran Retirement Village promotes:
- People of all Ages: Our philosophy of aged care is that retired and elderly people are to be regarded as persons with dignity and inherent worth, and are to be embraced and valued as members of our community and not segregated, protected or patronised in any way.
- Intergenerational living: The design and management of the village intentionally encourages three or more generations to interact daily
- Inclusiveness: an inclusive approach (particularly relating to children and seniors)
- Tolerance: is tolerant of all circumstances, creeds etc.
2. Calvary is a Small, Friendly and Caring Community
When compared to other villages, Calvary Lutheran Retirement Village has very special qualities. These qualities are:
- Boutique: the limited number of units means that most village families will know each other and if they choose to, be part of each other’s daily lives. The Village will promote peer understanding and support.
- Friendliness: Our residents will be more than numbers – valued, unique individuals.
- Community and Church Centre: The integrated Community and Church Centre will be the prominent and primary focus of community life in the village.
- Promoting Companionship: Because the village is small and integrated within the Church and Community Centre, it aims to help people avoid the traps of loneliness and isolation, and provides activities and opportunities to socially mix with a wide range of people.
3. Calvary supports Spiritual, Emotional and Physical Security
Our lives regularly require defence and support against attacks on our spiritual, emotional and physical well-being. Through its Christian approach, Calvary Lutheran Retirement Village provides support to assist the carriage of life through:
- Calvary Congregation Support: Calvary Congregation consists of 120+ members who welcome the opportunity to volunteer their time to provide care and support to the Village families
- Pastoral Support: Calvary Congregation, through the leadership of its Pastor, will provide support to Village families, prayer, counselling and as required referral to appropriate professionals.
- Village Community Support: By virtue of the village location, Village villa design and rules of behaviour, physical support from Village families is promoted and encouraged.
4. Calvary is Sharing God’s love with the local community
Calvary Lutheran Retirement Village seeks to nurture opportunities for God’s love to shine in the local community.
- Mission: In response to God and His work in our lives, mission begins where God’s people engage and connect with other people. Encouraging daily interaction between Christians and the wider community represents opportunities for the work of the Holy Spirit to renew and enrich peoples’ lives.
- Children’s Ministry: Regularly, families are drawn to God’s Kingdom through the interest of their children. Because of the Calvary’s intentional approach to intergenerational ministry, Village families will be encouraged to introduce their children and grandchildren to the joys of Calvary Children’s Ministry.
5. Calvary villas are Timeless in their Design
Calvary Lutheran Retirement Village villas have been designed to meet the needs of Village families both today and in the future.
- Independence: Village villas are spaciously positioned on site to allow for active independent lifestyles.
- Innovative Floor Plan: The villa floor plans have been designed to provide smooth-flow living. No choking points, no narrow passageways, no internal steps or changes in levels.
- Quality Interior Decoration: Making forward-looking provision in internal fit out and design has meant that only quality kitchen appliances, lighting and floor coverings have been selected.
6. Calvary supports Family-centred Lifestyles
Calvary Lutheran Retirement Village villas have been designed to bring families together.
- Children-to-Grand Parents: The Village support family integration within the lives of the Calvary Congregation and the extended wider families of Village residents.
- Adopt a Grandparent: Village families without local extended families may wish to be part of ‘Adopt a Grandparent’ programs.
- Family Activities: Activities that support intergenerational families will be encouraged to use the Village Community centre. For example – mother’s play groups, weddings, parent effectiveness training etc.
- Events: Family events including Christmas break-ups, Easter pageants, music concerts, dramas and other intergenerational events will be scheduled. We invite and encourage our Village families to be part of this, as participants as well as spectators.